Our House League is a beginner/intermediate level league for women ages 14 and up to play in a semi-competitive environment.
Players are expected to have skated before and have knowledge of the game. If you have not played hockey before, we recommend signing up for a Learn-to-Play session at one of the area rinks prior to joining our league. Then come out and watch us play to see if you're comfortable with the level of play.
We have women of all ages and abilities. Players should keep their heads up and be respectful of everyone's ice time.
Time: Sunday nights, 7:15, 8:45 pm
Where: Cary Ice House
We field four to five teams of 10-13 skaters each (not counting goalies).
We will also maintain a list of substitutes who will be called to play as needed.
Please sign up for our Yahoo group to receive e-mail about the league.
HOUSE LEAGUE RULES:
1. Players must be current members of NCTWHA and USA Hockey. Fees for each session must be paid by each player before the first game she plays of that session.
2. Each game will have two USA Hockey-certified referees.
3. Games will be three 20 minute run-time periods. No overtimes or shootouts.
4. No individual player may score more than three goals in a game.
5. Slapshots are allowed.
6. The House League Committee will choose a manager for each team to help with administration.
7. Per NCTWHA bylaws, each team will vote to choose its own on-ice captain. Each team may also have up to two alternate captains.
8. Teams may play with as few players as they want; they cannot play with more than 13 skaters (not counting goalie). Managers or their designated substitutes will call subs as needed from the list maintained by the House League Committee.
9. Subs must pay per game before taking the ice. Money can be given to the team manager or any member of the House League Committee or NCTWHA board present. Sub fees are $10 if you are a current house league member and $25 if you are a Trailblazer member, but not currently on a house league team
10. Team managers may seek subs from teams on a "bye" week under two conditions: Their team will otherwise have fewer than 10 skaters, and they have asked everyone on the regular sub list. Regular players acting as subs will be assessed an additional fee.
11. Teams choose their own lines and make all other game-related decisions themselves.
12. League members will be asked to vote by the second game of each Fall session on a house league representative to the board. The vote stands for the year.
13. At about the midpoint of each session, the organizers will meet to consider any changes that may be needed to the rosters or these rules. Players will be notified of the upcoming meeting and input will be welcome.
14. In all other matters, NCTWHA bylaws apply.